Tuesday 17 June 2014

"What's your body type??"







A few months ago, I wanted to lose weight for my older brother's wedding and at the same time I was trying to increase my strength. My workout was based on the strength-gaining program called 5-3-1 by Jim Wendler, and the diet I was doing definitely didn't supply me with the amount of energy I needed to constantly increase the weights I was lifting. I did reach the body weight I wanted to have in time for the wedding, but I sacrificed all the numbers I was working so hard to gain.

I knew that the diet I was on was not realistic to maintain for more than a month, and I actually didn't stay on it any longer than that. I eventually got back to eating the way I normally do, and I'll admit- it's not always the healthiest meals. Even though I started eating more, I still struggled to increase my gains for my workout and I just couldn't understand why.
John showed me this article online which talks about knowing what your body type is. This article reminded me that one diet does not fit all, and everyone's body is different. Depending on your body type- you may have to eat more or less of certain foods to maintain/lose/gain weight. The type of exercises you do would also depend on your body type to get your desired results.

Make sure to understand what kind of body type you have and how your body works instead of doing some crazy diet or exercise routine. It's so basic but so important!! By simply adjusting your workouts and diet to specifically to meet the needs of YOUR body can get you to your goal that much faster.

Here's the link for the article: "What is your body type?"

Take the quick test on the site and see what your body type is if you don't already know :)

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment